Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

It was hard to get up and get moving this morning.  The last two weekends, and being sick, have about done me in.  But I did get moving.  The First 5 was about the veil that hung in the tabernacle and separated the Holy Place, from the Most Holy Place.  It was the barrier between man, and God's presence.  Only the High Priest could go past the veil, and he only after meticulous cleansing and sacrifice.  Even then, they had to tie a rope around his waist in case he had sin in his life that had not been properly taken care of, because if that was the case, he would die instantly.  They would use the rope to drag his body back to their side of the veil.  BUT!  When Jesus died on the cross, He was the ultimate sacrifice.  At His death, there was an earthquake, and the temple veil was torn in two.  Here's my favorite part! The Bible specifically points out that it was torn from TOP to BOTTOM (emphasis mine).  Why from top to bottom?  Why is that important?  Because it shows that God is the one who split the veil.  Not man.  Man would have torn it from bottom to top.  But it was God's way of showing us that His Son had paid the price and had been the ultimate sacrifice.  Because of Jesus's death on the cross, we now have total and complete access to the throne of God.  We can dwell in His presence!  There is no longer a veil to separate us, or to keep us back! We don't have to depend on a High Priest to go to God for us!  Hebrews 4:14-16 says that we can go "boldly unto the throne of grace".  How awesome is that!  It makes me want to bask in His presence all day long!  The more I thought about it this morning, the more excited I got. What a precious gift!

School went pretty normal.  It was a little difficult getting back into the swing first thing.  I had things to go through from last Friday, and things to keep up with, so it felt like two mornings in one.  But I got caught up, and the day went smoothly.  I managed to grade almost all my papers, and get two students caught up on make-up tests and quizzes.  Hopefully after my break time tomorrow, I will be completely caught up.  My sub from Friday did a great job at getting everything done, and keeping the students right on track, and that is always a blessing.

Today was my big sister's birthday.  I hate that we live so far apart.  I wished her a happy birthday. She told me she wished we lived closer together.  She also told me that I could let the Oldest Princess come and live with her and help her with some projects that she is working on.  I told her she would have to stand in line for that, because it seems like the Oldest Princess is in high demand these days.

After school, I came home and started getting dinner ready.  We have a family in our church that just had a baby, and I had signed up to cook for them.  The Oldest Princess helped me out by making the brownies.  My Prince helped by doing anything I needed him to do.  And the Youngest Princess even helped a little by crunching the chips in the bottom of the casserole.

The Oldest Princess and I took the meal over to them, and of course visited with the family and held the baby and loved on her a little.  She was absolutely precious!

We came home and ate dinner ourselves.  The Young Prince was already in bed.  I am worried that he is getting sick.  He does not normally go to bed that early in the evening.  But maybe he is just really tired, and crashed.  We have been going like crazy people, and maybe he just really needed some sleep.

I talked to my older brother for a few minutes.  We haven't talked in a while, so that was nice.  Again, I wish we lived closer to one another.  Sometimes it is really hard living so far away from all of your family.  Hopefully we will get to see each other before too long.

We watched a little TV, and then we had family devotions - 1John 5:1-13.  My Prince remembered his dad preaching a sermon from that passage, and he told us a little about it.  We prayed, and then everyone went their separate ways to prepare for tomorrow.

It has been a long day, and tomorrow the Young Prince has a basketball playoff game, so it will be another long day.  I guess I will go now, and try to get some rest myself.  After the Youngest Princess and I read our chapter of Mandie of course.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: