Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 7, 2016

*After I blogged last night, My Prince true to his promise to the Youngest Princess, saw a Dairy Queen sign, and we were all awake, so he pulled off and bought us all Blizzards.

*Later when he had to stop for gas, we were talking to the attendant, and told her that we had been at a cheer competition.  He pulled off his jacket and showed her his shirt (Mrs. S, I think he likes it.) The man behind us said, "Now, that's being a good dad, right there!" I must agree sir, I must agree.

*We made it home safely at about 1:30 a.m.  I was thankful it was that early, because I figured that it would take us longer to get home.

*We all went immediately to bed, and slept wonderful back in our own beds.

*This morning we all got up and got ready for church.  The Young Prince stopped by, and I was very glad he did, because I have really missed him.

*I am doing a personal Bible study on David, and read this this morning, and it was really good, so I thought I would share it. It was talking about how David was not afraid to fight Goliath, because he knew the battle was God's and he knew God would be with him.  It went on to say, "Our fear of God has to expand to be greater than our fear of anything else.  Fearing God simply means that, above any other thing, we love and want to please Him.  The first of the Ten Commandments is, "You shall have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3).  When God is in His right place, He will  be the only thing we fear, the only thing we worship." - Jennie Allen  It made me do a little soul searching about what I fear, and why I fear those things.  It was deep. And convicting.

*We all went to church.  Sunday School was a continuation of our study on Ruth.  I love how God's hand is in the details of the story.  It is neat to see how He moves and works, and to know that He moves and works in our lives in the same way.

*The sermon by My Prince was that we need to have evidences of exceeding righteousness in our: attitudes, actions, affections, and associations. When we are saved, we are changed.  We should love Jesus more than the things of the world. It was good.

*We ate lunch at the church. It was ham and mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese.  It was all delicious!  We have some of the best cooks in the world!  Those ladies always do a wonderful job. The kids and I came home, and My Prince stayed for a meeting with the deacons and their wives.

*I immediately got busy studying for my Bible Drills class and for the two group studies that I am in.  I had to play catch up, because it has been such a crazy week that it has been very hard to stay on schedule.  But, things are slowing down, at least for a little while, and I should be able to get back in the swing of things.

*We left for church.  The oldest kids for their small groups, the Youngest Princess for choir practice, and My Prince and I for our Sunday night class.  It was very good tonight, as we talked about Bible reading and prayer.

*Then it was Bible Drill time!  Yay!  One of my favorite times of the week!  My sweet friend who is my faithful sidekick and assistant in Bible Drills, came to church even though she was covered in hives.  Poor thing!  Please pray that they will go away and she will feel better.  We learned our new verse I Corinthians 3:16, and talked about how our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost, and how we should act as such.  Then we worked on cementing some of the Key Passage passages to our memories and on finding them in less than ten seconds.  The kids did great tonight.  We also played a little gotcha at the end to help them practice their books of the Bible.  There were no shower curtains and fly swatters happening tonight, but we still had fun learning God's Word and preparing for competition.

*After church, we came home and had our family devotions. And after several nights of being spread to the wind, we were all back together again.  Tonight we read I John 4:12-21.  My Prince loves I John 4:14.  That verse always makes me think of AWANA.  I memorized it just by listening to so many students say it.  It is also in a passage that my school students learn as their memory verse later in the year.  My Prince prayed, and everyone left to do what they needed to get done before tomorrow.

*And now, the boys are watching some football game on TV, and the Oldest Princess is studying, and the Youngest Princess is getting ready for bed, so we can read Mandie.  It has been several nights since we have read, because we have been in different places and have gotten to bed so late.

*So, I will go and find out if Mandie ever solves the mystery of the quilt.

*Until tomorrow...

No comments: